OSI Food Solutions has grown over the decades and carved out a niche for itself as the global leader in food processing. The company prides itself in being among the largest value-added food processors and suppliers globally. The company’s large market is reflected by it’s over 65 facilities in 17 nations and over 20,000 staff. The firm currently holds thecoveted position of the largest privately-owned companies in the United States.
Global Expansion and Acquisitions
OSI Food Solutions has recently been on a global expansion mission, with its main aim to enter hitherto unexploited markets. In doing so, they have partnered with numerous poultry processing facilities, warehouses, farms and processing plants. The company has committed itself to being the undisputed number one provider of food products to major branded organizations in Europe and North America. The company has also spread its tentacles to other countries such as China, India, the Philippines and Australia.
Beloware some of the companies that have been acquired by OSI Group between 2016-2017:
• Flagship Europe- the company specializes in the processing of frozen poultry, sauces and dressings and a variety of other foods.
• A Chicago-based food processing facility that also houses a warehouse
• Baho Food- a processor of convenience foods, snacks and deli meats based in the Netherlands
• The opening of GenOSI, a processing plant based in the Philippines
OSI Food Solutions specializes in the processing of a wide array of meat-products. Some of the products range from:
• Beef processing- they include Salisbury steak, meatloaf, meatballs, beef steak and burgers.
• Pork processing- they range from flavored sausage,Genoa salami, precooked bacon strips, bacon bits, tablets, and roasted pork.
• Poultry processing- they include chicken meatballs and chicken nuggets
Founded by German immigrant Otto Kolschowsky, OSI Food Solutions has grown exponentially to solidify its position as the global giant that it is today. Their wide range of food products is custom-made to suit the needs of anyone regardless of their culinary tastes. The company’s growth skyrocketed in the 1950s when it was selected by McDonald’s as its preferred meat supplier.
To know more click: here.